Tuesday, December 6, 2011

day with no electricity!!

I spent the day with no electricity on a weekday when i was home alone.
It was easier for me to be home alone because then i don't have to worry about someone using the electricity while i was there. But my day i just slept in till noon, that was a good long rest. For food i had to just eat chips and when i got really hungry i had my friend bring me food. I didn't see that as using electricity because i wasn't the one using it. But i had game boards and cards so i got to play and socialize with my friends for the most part. It was harder to use the bathroom because i couldn't turn on the light. I didn't need any other lights since it was day time. But once people were coming home and using electricity i went out on a run, since i was a runner at school i enjoyed running miles, but ever since high school i stopped running so this was a good work out for me. I ran about 5 miles that day in the dark. I knew i was going to be sore the next day. After my long run i took a shower in the dark, that wasn't very fun at all. I couldn't see what was shampoo and what was conditioner. Since everyone was home by night i decided to go to sleep so that i wouldn't use the electricity they were using.
But from this experience i am very grateful to have electricity in my life. I had a hard time eating and staying home since i always drive everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment